Drug Interaction Knowledge Base 1.2
Front Page for the Drug Interaction Knowledge Base (DIKB)
This is the front page for the Drug Interaction Knowledge Base
(DIKB), an evidence-focused knowledge base designed to support
pharmacoepidemiology and clinical decision support. The DIKB contains
quantitative and qualitative assertions about drug mechanisms and
pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions for over 60 drugs; primarily
psychotropics and HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins).
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE GOALS AND METHODS OF THE DIKB PROJECT
PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING:
- A "lightning" summary of the DIKB project is available
- A more detailed presentation: Boyce-AHRQ-DDI-representation-for-CDS-Talk-2009.pdf (given at the AHRQ-sponsored Generating, Evaluating, and Implementing Evidence for Drug-Drug Interactions in Health Information Technology to Improve Patient Safety: A Multi-Stakeholder Conference
- Boyce R, Collins C, Horn J, Kalet I. Computing with evidence Part II: An
evidential approach to predicting metabolic drug-drug interactions. J Biomed
Inform. 2009 Dec;42(6):990-1003. Epub 2009 Jun 16. PubMed PMID:19539050; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2783683.
- Boyce R, Collins C, Horn J, Kalet I. Computing with evidence Part I: A
drug-mechanism evidence taxonomy oriented toward confidence assignment. J Biomed
Inform. 2009 Dec;42(6):979-89. Epub 2009 May 10. PubMed PMID: 19435613; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2783801.
- Boyce RD, Collins C, Horn J, Kalet I. Modeling drug mechanism knowledge using
evidence and truth maintenance. IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed. 2007
Jul;11(4):386-97. PubMed PMID: 17674621.
- Boyce R, Collins C, Horn J, Kalet IJ. Qualitative pharmacokinetic modeling of
drugs. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2005:71-5. PubMed PMID: 16779004; PubMed Central
Drug Interaction Knowledge Base (DIKB) by Richard D. Boyce is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
This website contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.
Limitation of warranties
The medical information on this website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Neither the author (Richard Boyce) or the University of Pittsburgh make any representations or warranties in relation to the medical information on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Neither the author (Richard Boyce) or the University of Pittsburgh warrant that:
You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.
You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
- the medical information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the medical information on this website is complete, true, accurate, up-to-date, or non-misleading.
Nothing in this medical disclaimer will limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law, or exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
About this medical disclaimer
We created this medical disclaimer with the help of a Contractology precedent available at www.freenetlaw.com.
Premium templates available from Contractology include confidential disclosure agreement forms.
Copyright © Copyright (C) 2005 - 2012 Richard D. Boyce
All Rights Reserved
Comments to author: rdb20 At u /dot\ pitt D*t edu
Generated: Thu Sep 15, 2011